Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tony's Ride


Cincinnati supermarket Jungle Jim's International Market is just about the best place around.  I could write dozens of blog entries about it and maybe someday I will.   But, as they say, "the journey of a dozen entries starts with one blog," so let's just talk about a quasi-animatronic Tony the Tiger today.


One of the many unique displays at the store is this Tony the Tiger statue atop a grand carousel type stallion.  The "Two Scoops" Raisin Bran Sun shines down brightly in approval of the rider and his steed as cardboard Keebler Elves look on in awe.  Something is clearly about to go down.  So how do you make the magic happen?


That may be one of the most pushable buttons I've seen in a good long while.  I mean, look at that thing!  Who could possibly walk past this beauty without pushing it?  Nobody I want to know.  So what happens after the pushing takes place?  Let's roll the gif!


Okay, it may seem a little underwhelming to people that hate fun but, to me, it's a masterpiece.  Tony actually talks while he moves but to hear it you'll have to visit the store yourself.  So just soak up the gif while you can.

It's worth mentioning that there's another element to the display.  To the right of Tony are these two characters:


Correct me if I'm wrong but this appears to be a version of Pinocchio applying a hair piece to Geppetto.  Why are they there?  What do they have to do with Kellogg's?  I don't have those answers but for some reason I appreciate the fact that they're there.  Enjoy your shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment