Sunday, July 2, 2017

Trying My Luck


It's safe to say that the best part of a cereal with marshmallows is the marshmallows.  Occasionally, as a youngster, I would eat around the marshmallows of my Frankenberry or Lucky Charms and save them for last.  I would then be left with a customized, marshmallow only, cereal creation.  And then I would dine like a king.

But the true "Marshmallow Only Cereal" was just a fantasy...until now.  Lucky Charms is giving away a king's ransom of the previously imaginary delight and I recently tried my luck.


On the side of the box our pal Lucky beckons us to take a journey to the Lucky Charms website to enter the contest by entering the code (from specially marked packages).  And if you thought you'd game the system by just getting the code off the box, you're out of luck.  It's buried deep inside:


So you enter the code and find out if you won or not, right?  No, Lucky's not quite done with you yet.  First you must pass the leprechaun's memory test...which is remarkably similar to the old game "Memory."


I played.  I won (they let you keep playing until you win.  It's not like I'm super good at Memory.)  I was riding high but it wasn't meant to last.  I may have won the battle but I ultimately lost the war since the next screen was the standard "You lose, loser!" screen:


So I live to fight another day.  And, yes, I'll definitely try again.  After all...I'm always after their Lucky Charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment